Friday

december daily 2017

One of my favorite projects each year is a Christmas journal, or December daily. This was my 6th year making one, and I love it. 

I tried to add as much vintage ephemera as I could since the only thing better than vintage, is "vintage Christmas." The tree on the cover is from an antique store. It's a Hallmark two sided decoration. 






I added "tangibles" whenever I could. Here you see Legos in a sleeve. This represents the ornaments we made with legos.




I added my kids' art work here and there. That's one of my favorite things to add. It makes it SO personal. This is Greyson's drawing of our elf. 


I hand cut out letters with patterned papers. 


I dedicated a page to baby Jesus, since he's the reason for the whole holiday. I used words to describe him from an Illustrated Faith Christmas paper. 



I even added a snapchat showing a not so good day. Not every day needs to be fabulous. Lets be real, some days are not that great. Haha (More about this on the video at bottom of post).


I printed an image of the movie, STAR on an instax. I simply googled "star movie" and took a screenshot, then printed it. I also had the cutest star confetti, so I added it inside a sleeve with our movie tickets. I hope the tickets won't fade as fast in the sleeve. 


Here is a video with a walk through and talk through of each page. Thanks for checking it out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment